Friday, May 29, 2009

Laura's world of work

I've received a lot of inquiries lately about my future plans now that I'm no longer a full time student (pause for reaction). So, here is a general rundown:

June 1, '09-June 1, '10: Conducting research on African American youth identity development and cultural sensitivity in the Boston schools and developing a comprehensive K-12 counseling program that caters to particular issues.

June 25-27: Presenting at the Conference for Counseling Athletes in Springfield, MA.

July 1-August 8: Teaching Fellow ED500: Introduction to Education and Teaching Fellow RS600: Perspectives on Inquiry.

July 25-August 8: Serving as the ambassador to Germany for the BDO Junior World Cup Field Hockey Tournament.

2009-2010 academic year: Teaching 5 classes...

Mt. Ida College: 2 sections of Introduction to Psychology and 1 section of Human Growth and Development

Lasell College: 1 section of Introduction to Psychology

Boston University: 1 section of Introduction to Counseling

***I finished data collection for my dissertation yesterday and am now in the data analyzing phase. I plan to analyze and write for as long as it takes and plan to defend either at the end of the fall or spring semester.

After that, who knows.... :-)

1 comment:

Emily said...

...and you're starting a business? Whoa you are one busy lady!