Monday, October 8, 2007

Racing weekend...as usual!



So, as usual, our weekend was dominated by races! Brad ran a cross country race yesterday and raced incredibly well! He was first for our team, ran sub-17 on an XC 5K course (significantly more difficult than doing this on a track), and beat most of the runners with whom he usually competes. Kudos to Brad.

I, on the other hand, had a very average race. No need to relive it - but you can find the juicy details on our Boston Running Gals blogspot site which you can access on the bottom right of this blog page. My entry is titled "What a weekend!" I've attached a picture from the event (photo by Alison Wade at www.eliterunning.com). It is of the first seconds of the 7000 women race! Impressive! Thats not all...this is also the USA National 10K road race championships so it is comprised of almost all of America's fastest 10K road racers. Deena Kastor, the bronze medalist in the Athen's Olympic Marathon, won the race today...followed by an old U of M teammate of mine, Katie McGregor.

Besides the races, we have had a pretty low-key weekend. We had a date night on Friday. I took Brad to a great Tapas restaurant downtown and got him a little drunk. He would have been fine but I kept on giving him my drinks to finish!

That is about it for now...I'm making Spotted Dick and the water just boiled...

No comments: